Gluttony for Punnishment
In honor of Thanksgiving, I'm sharing leftovers — namely, by way of submissions to a Top Ten contest run on the Late Show with David Letterman website from more than
a year ago now, my...
Top Nine Signs Americans Are Becoming Overweight
9. Our bodies are still more than 60% water, but also 15% high-fructose corn syrup and 3% fudge
8. Supermarkets now offer double-wide shopping carts
7. We're being hunted for our blubber
6. Fastest-growing sectors of the economy: belt-hole punchers, deep-frying, and statins
5. Realtors increasingly hear, "I'd like two-and-a-half baths... But can you smush them all together?"
4. Our treadmills have TV-dinner trays
3. Three words: Elevator for one
2. "Big-and-tall clothing stores" now simply known as "clothing stores"
And the Number One Sign Americans Are Becoming Overweight...
1. I'd love to enter this contest, but I can't see my laptop
Related: Jobs Report • A-Ha Moment • Theme Building