The downside to not sharing my entries in hashtag games here within a day or so of them being a thing on Twitter is that anyone interested in heading over there to see the full range of contributions will turn up zilch.
Maybe a hashtag comes back into fashion or someone joins in late or a totally different group of people hit on the same idea, maybe, but those earlier entries are gone. Twits seem to leave Twitter's institutional memory pretty quickly, unless there are tricks to its search function I don't know about (which is very, very possible). You can at least head to my own Favorites on Twitter, scroll down a bit, and see a heaping handful of others' offerings that I found amusing enough to save. It's not at all the same, though, as being in the thick of it — and this one, #unpromisingsequels, was a good one.
And so, in roughly the order they were posted, it's time for my...
Top Twenty-Five Unpromising Sequels
25. The Day After the Day After
24. Hastily-Dressed Lunch
23. Monday in the Park without George
22. Acquaintances on a Train
21. Love in the Time of Cholera Vaccines
20. The Executive Producers
19. Fiddler at the Window
18. Evaporation Man
17. The Well-Scrubbed Dozen
16. Admiral EO
15. Damn Mets
14. Gödel, Escher, Bachman-Turner Overdrive
13. Now We Are Sixty
12. To Have or... No, No, I Decided, To Have, Yeah.
11. Lawnmower Boy: The Adventures of Lawnmower Man When He Was a Boy
10. Partial Recall; or, We Can Try to Remember It for You Retail
9. Mrs. Saigon-Goldfarb
8. Joseph and the Mildly Diverting Kodachrome Dreamvest
7. Are You There, Jesus? It's Me, Margaret, and Your Dad's Not Answering
6. Where the Sidewalk Picks Up Again
5. Atlas Regained His Balance
4. Tommy II: Cochlear Implant
3. Reincarnation of a Salesman
2. Bohemian Spotify
And My Number One Unpromising Sequel...
1. Sgt. Pepper's Well-Adjusted, Engagingly Social Hearts Club Band
Related: After-Math • Feed Me Rewrite • Star
Trek Too • Mash Game • Plankwalk Empire