Old and Mean
I'm not feeling particularly grumpy, nor am I going to wax philosophical about the passage of time here like I did in my last birthday post. Really the title is just to keep up the usual conceit of my word-verification definition offerings. For those not familiar with the phenomenon, I've explained it on the dedicated page that collects accumulated entries to date.
• antick — [an tik] n. 1. Ye olde foolish behaviour. 2. Half ant, half tick.
• bledlump — [bled lump] n. A smidge of clotted exsanguination.
• botica — [bah tih kuh] n. The study of 'droids and other 'tomatons.
• Clola™ — [cloh luh] Clam-flavored cola. (Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.)
(Uh... But don't try it.)
• derbsaly — [durb suh lee] adv. About or referring to a horse race, or a sporting contest in general. "Derbsaly speaking, Kentucky is my favorite."
• exess — 1. [eks iss] n. A former girlfriend. 2. [eks ess] n. Too many former girlfriends.
• exesseri — [ek sess uh ree] pl. n. Bangles worn by your former girlfriend.
• funce — [funss] n. Twirling vermin.
• loqui — [loh kwy] pl. n. Positions of talkativeness.
• misolit — [mee soh lit] n. Emerging genre of stories about Japanese seasoning.
• pargenti — [par jen tee] pl. n. Average Italian men.
• poldo — [pahl doo] n. Mitt Romney's hair.
• sailati — [say lee ah tee] n. 1. The yachting class. 2. Italian ice cream... on a boat!
• sparf — [sparf] v. Vomit while training for the big fight.
• thloge — [thlohj] n. Slang term for die-hard student of God and religion. "You hear that dude goin' on about the role of the redactor in crafting what we now consider the canonical Genesis? Man! Guy's a total thloge!"
• zygrate — [zy grayt] v. Shave off bits of a fertilized egg.