I came up with a dozen entries for the Late Show with David Letterman website’s current Top Ten contest [dead link]. You probably know the drill by now but in case you don’t there’s an explanation of how it works in one of my first blogposts — although winners no longer get prizes beyond satisfaction and bragging rights.
Categories are usually either seasonal or keyed to something in the news, and this week’s is no different, being...
My Top Twelve Least-Popular 2012 Prom Themes
12. Let’s All Judge Each Other One Last Time
11. Our Favorite Student/Faculty Romances
10. Party Like We’ll All Have Jobs
9. What Would Jesus Dance?
8. A Night Away from Algebra and In-School Day Care
7. Mimes! Mimes! Mimes!
6. Nothing but the Foxtrot
5. Embrace Your Acne
4. Hey... Remember 2011?
3. A Dialectic between Postmodernism and Traditional Literary Structures
2. Putting the “Prom” Back in Promiscuity
And the Number One Least-Popular 2012 Prom Theme...
1. The Hunger Games: 500 Students Enter — 1 Student Leaves
Related: Making Waves • Harmony and Irony • Down for the Count